And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, December 8, 2014

Following the Star

I received a free book from Tommy Nelson in exchange for my honest review.

Sweet little Ollie the camel spots a bright new star in the sky. He sets off with his family, other camels, and some wise men to follow that star. As he journeys, he meets some new people, does a lot of praying, and wonders what gift he will find. Ollie knows it is a special star and your child will too by the end of the story!


The engaging illustrations by Alexandra Steele-Morgan in A Star for Me are so colorful. They really punctuate the fun, upbeat words by author Jean Fischer. This board book is 8x10 in size so very engaging for toddlers. My kids enjoyed the fun story but it is more appropriate for youngers. It would make a lovely Christmas present.

I think this fun retelling of the Christmas story from the viewpoint of a young camel is a great way to interest children in the real story of the birth of Jesus. In this season of Advent, it can be easy to loose the attention of the younger crowd but a story like this is sure to draw them right back in. If you know a little one that would love this book please enter my giveaway via the easy widget below! One will be given away!



Entry-Form

Follow this link for a preview of the book: A Star for Me preview. My copy of the book even came with a glittery gold star that doubles as a Christmas ornament. What a wonderful reminder of the real reason for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Elf is my favorite Christmas movie. Its so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Christmas movie is Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, and Christmas Story!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!