And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Intentional

I went back and looked at all my "word of the year" posts here on the blog. Purposeful, balance, too much, and relax- those were all great word(s)! I think what strikes me the most is that the things that I mentioned every December are areas where we still struggle- weight, finances, stress, parenting. Those are still my issues. Thankfully I do feel like we have grown in each of those areas even though we still struggle with them.

So as I've prayed the last few weeks, the word God has given me for 2015 is intentional. I want to be more proactive and less reactive in those hot topic areas of my life. I feel like I've gotten a little lazy (maybe that's because my 2014 word was relax!!). I've let things slide, and I don't like it.



My big areas of focus will be:

Intentional Budget

Intentional Parenting (That is actually the title of a book I reviewed for you a while back!)

Intentional Eating

and last but most certainly not least.....

Intentional Relationship with Jesus



I'm frugal and have been for the duration of our marriage but debt can add up quickly. A job loss when the economy tanked is still having its effects on us years later. However Hubby & I are determine to tackle it by starting with a budget. We've tried half-hearted attempts at budgeting before with little success. I feel more confident this time because I've worked on measuring our expenses for almost the whole year. I'm reading a great book on budgeting and attacking debt. I will be sharing that review with you soon!

Our parenting is a fairly consistent matter, but I think there is always room for improvement in that area. Plus as kids get older it is necessary to adjust expectations, goals, and discipline. I haven't done as much studying or planning on this area, but I feel confident that God will guide us as we guide the kiddos. Now that Apple & Speedy are older it isn't as much about drilling the rules into them but about correcting areas that need attention.

Eating. Sigh. I'm snacking on graham crackers right now. I gotta get this eating and exercising thing down. The right way. And for long term. Sheesh.

I need to be more deliberate in my relationship with Jesus. More Bible time, more prayer time, more Him, less me.

These New Year posts are mostly for me. A commitment on "paper" so to speak. Do you make resolutions or have a word of the year? I'd love to hear about it!


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you much success with your quest to be intentional. I can definitely relate. My word is diligence. I often find myself being pulled in so many directions that I am not diligent. It is time for a change :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!