And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, December 4, 2014

So Unique

Guess who was in a local production of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever?

This girl.


She did an amazing job. 

I am not an onstage, public speaking or singing person. Okay I'm not a great singer on or off stage. Although in the car I am a superstar. 

So I just have been pondering the ways God made us each so unique. Apple is artistic and bold and a beautiful singer. She did not get any of those things from me. My sweet Hubby is very bold and has a lovely voice but she is on a whole other level.

Speedy is not a stage performer at all. Like the church Christmas program is putting him over the edge. He just isn't about being in front of people on a stage. But on a ball field.....whole other story.

My fear of the stage almost makes me want to hold Apple back. I am always so nervous for her! The thing is she always does a great job. She blows it out of the park. She gets pre-show jitters but she overcomes every time. I'm in awe of her ability to do that. 


I can't let my fear/ discomfort hold her back. God has given each of us such unique passions and talents. It is really obvious that He intends to shine through her voice or her stage presence. I don't know just how yet but I know it will be (and already is) amazing. He gave Speedy his speed and sports talent for some reason or purpose. This all calls to my mind Matthew 5:16:

 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.

When the show is over I'm always so glad I let her go and do her thing. 

Is it hard for you to let your kids do things outside of your comfort zone? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!