And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, December 12, 2014

You Are Invited to Hope Crossing

I received this book free from Blogging for Books in exchange for this honest review.


Back 3 years ago (where does time go??), I read and reviewed Cindy Woodsmall's book The Harvest of Grace. It was the third book in the Ada's House trilogy, and I really enjoyed it. I had every intention of going back and reading the first two books about Dry Creek and Hope Crossing, but I never did. Sometimes the review books come in so fast that I lose track of other books I want to read. I need to start a list......and put it in the pile with all my other lists.



So when I got the opportunity to review Hope Crossing: The Complete Ada's House Trilogy, I jumped at the chance. I couldn't wait to revisit the characters from The Harvest of Grace and learn how the stories all began.

The first book included is The Hope of Refuge. This book contains the story of Deborah and her moody fiance. It is tells the tale of Cara and her daughter Lori finding their way to Dry Creek. This New York mother and daughter stick out like a sore thumb in this quiet Amish community. Cara has vague memories of the place as a child. Will she be allowed to stay long enough to discover her past?

The Bridge of Peace continues the stories of Deborah and Cara and focuses on the life of the local teacher Lena. The story of Grey and Elsie also is told. Grey and Elsie have an unhappy marriage. Can this Amish couple ever find peace with one another? Will Lena ever find a beau despite her birthmark on her face?

And of course the trilogy ends with The Harvest of Grace. The two communities of Hope Crossing and Dry Creek are so interwoven and this book in particular bounces back and forth. Ada's House in Hope Crossing has become a successful bakery and family destination. Business is thriving. In contrast the Blank farm is in debt and failing. Sylvia Fisher is hired to help but then Aaron Blank unexpectedly returns. Can these two every work together? Will the farm be sold?

Cindy Woodsmall does a wonderful job of seamlessly weaving these stories together. It was great to read straight from one to the next. The book is rather large and bulky but totally worth it. The blooming relationships in each book are predictable but there are always unexpected twists and turns. In all these are terrific Amish gentle reads with engaging characters and interesting stories.


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!