And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, January 1, 2015

If You're Already Missing Christmas

I received this book free from Handlebar for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

Some years I decorate early and leave it all up until January 1. Other years, like this year, I only have decorations up for a few weeks. I'll admit I wasn't really feeling Christmas this year. I like traditions and I feel out of sorts when we can't celebrate the way I see fit. I also felt like we were super busy this Christmas and that makes it so hard to focus on the true meaning of the season.

So while I was ready for Christmas to be over and done, I sort of miss the Christmas "feeling" that I usually enjoy so much. I was suppose to review Home for Christmas Stories for Young and Old a few weeks ago but I received it late. I'm glad I did. This collection of short stories is just what I needed.



The 20 unique Christmas stories collected in this book come from authors like Madeleine L'Engle and Katherine Paterson. These stories are just right for reading aloud with your family for the holidays, but I'm enjoying reading them myself right now. I plan to pack the book away with our Christmas decorations so we can read the stories as a family next December. The tales are well written stories with a meaningful Christmas twist. My favorite has been Three Young Kings by George Sumner Albee about 3 young students who make a tough decision as they pass out gifts to other students.

If you are already missing the majesty of Christmas or looking ahead for something special for next year, check out Home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!