And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's My Turn

Have I ever told you about the time my husband got to meet Phil and Miss Kay Robertson? Wait... my husband's actually gotten to see and hear Phil speak twice now.

Did I tell you about the time my husband and kids all met Justin Martin of the Duck Dynasty team/ show?



Should we count how many times I've met a Robertson? 0. 0 times.

I think that's a little unfair, don't you? Let's try to fix that. I have the opportunity to be selected as a blogger to go to the Heart to Home Conference happening in Monroe, LA February 6-7. How awesome would that be?

This 2 day event features the women of Duck Dynasty- Miss Kay, Korie, Missy, Jessica, and Lisa. The Heart to Home Ministry was created by Dr. Joneal Kirby (who is related to the Robertsons) in 2003 and the emcee for the conference will be the wonderful Tracey Eyster. There are so many other amazing names for this conference- Jase Robertson, Mary Beth Chapman, and the list just goes on. You can see the full list on the conference website.



This is the first conference of the Heart to Home ministry. I love that their vision is to "encourage and build faith in the next generation of Christian women". Which one of you moms out there doesn't need encouragement and faith?

The reason we enjoy watching Duck Dynasty as a family is because it is fun and entertaining and uplifting. It is obvious that the Robertsons are just a normal family that love Jesus and love to laugh. Their faith is inspiring and as a family we appreciate the way they have handled controversy since becoming so well known.

So yes I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to attend the Heart to Home conference next month. We are less than 6 hours from Monroe, LA so it would be an easy trip. I've never been to a women's conference. I know the encouragement I would receive during the 2 day trip would be like a salve to my soul. I think this would be an amazing opportunity to step away from my regular obligations and just focus on my relationship with Jesus and get filled up for the next year. What an amazing way to be INTENTIONAL in 2015! If you need to devote some special time to faith and encouragement then I hope you will check into this conference as well. As moms, we tend to give and give and give while forgetting that it is okay to receive sometimes.

You can purchase tickets to the conference now or check out the simulcast information. The conference is near Willie's Duck Diner. You know you want to eat there. I DO! My hubby would totally want the Swamp Basket. I would not want the Swamp Basket. Maybe Jambalaya....or Gumbo.....or a PoBoy.....

You can also find out more about the conference on Twitter and Facebook.



Special thank you to Family Christian for sending a blogger to this amazing event. I hope it is me! 

*Update: I was not selected to go to the conference, but I still think it will be an amazing event!*

1 comment:

  1. This does sound like an excellent opportunity! And...since it's winter time...maybe it won't be sweltering hot! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!