And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Day!

Here in Tennessee, we are on day #2 of the ICE. It is sunny today so things are thawing out a bit but with cold temps forecasted for the rest of the week, things are at a halt. Schools are closed, church services are being canceled, kitchens are stocked with milk and bread. Of course home school doesn't have to cease due to a little ice or snow!





I have not made my "Snow Day Soup" but I did make a pot of Taco Soup and a pot of chili yesterday. Today I have my first attempt at white chicken chili in the slow cooker.

The kids did school yesterday morning then took a break lay with some kids from the neighborhood. They came back in to finish school and then spent the whole afternoon sliding on the ice and playing. Last night they decided to do most of today's work so they would have the majority of the day to play with friends who are out of school due to the ice. They've been out most of the day other than a short lunch break inside. I'm glad we are in a neighborhood now where there are other children. Schools here are also out tomorrow so I see a repeat this evening and tomorrow. I reminded the kids this morning what a blessing we have with our flexible home school schedule!

What's the weather like in your area? Do you enjoy snow/ ice days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!