And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Benham Brothers

I received a free copy of this book from BookLook bloggers for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

Many of you probably remember the story of the Benham brothers. These twin real estate businessmen were slated to have a show on HGTV. Members of GLAAD found some news stories where the brothers had shared their faith and caused an uproar until the show was canceled before it ever aired. David and Jason Benham have penned a book, Whatever the Cost, to share that experience as well as their history in baseball and business.


The Benham brothers will be at Teach Them Diligently Nashville this weekend so I was excited to read this book ahead of hearing them speak. Honestly this book is so much more inspiring than I expected it to be. The Benham parents did a great job of raising their boys to serve the Lord. I cannot wait to apply some of their principles to our own family like going the extra mile and serving others. Those are concepts I think most people want to teach their kids but this book includes some great hands on ways to incorporate them. There are parts of the book I've bookmarked to read to the kids.

David and Jason also do a great job of sharing their experiences and the things God has taught them along the way. They are very open about their own mistakes. They explain how easy it is to allow a career or job to become an idol. God's word is so clear against anything coming before Him, but we often find ourselves worshiping money or our career or other things besides the Lord.

I really enjoyed this book and as I said found it inspiring. I've encouraged my husband to read it, and I've got the Benhams marked as one of the sessions we will attend this weekend. It is a great reminder that we are in a battle on earth and as Chrisitians we must put God first in every aspect of our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!