And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ice Cream Sundae Bar


Apple requested an ice cream sundae bar for her 10th birthday party. I thought it was a great idea! She's way beyond cartoon characters and we don't do big hype over certain actors, actresses, or musicians. That leaves party themes a bit limited. An ice cream party was just what we needed!

I found some great ideas on Pinterest and added them to my Party Ideas board. Then Apple & I sat down together and made a guest list. Next I filled out invitations (purchased at the Dollar Tree) and got those in the mail. Apple & I made an extensive list of fun ice cream toppings.

By her own initiative, we found some amazing glass ice cream sundae dishes of various sizes to borrow. They were all so beautiful and made lovely dishes to hold the toppings. I didn't want them to get broken so we made sundaes in disposable bowls. However, we also borrowed some banana split dishes from the same person and several party guests did put them to good use.

Apple requested that her Nonna make the cake and of course she did. We had 2 cakes, 2 gallons of vanilla ice cream, root beer (for floats), and other sodas and juice. For toppings we had:


*Oreos
*Chocolate Chips
*Marshmallows
*M & Ms
*Whipped Cream (in a can)
*Maraschino Cherries
*Peanuts
*Chocolate Syrup
*Caramel Syrup
*Bananas (for banana splits)
*Waffle cone pieces


I even made a fun ice cream craft I saw on a couple of different pins on Pinterest! If it was easy enough for me to make, then anyone can make it.


The party was a huge success. Everyone had a wonderful time making their own sundaes!

Oh and we had treat bags. Unconventional ones. Apple isn't really into little toys anymore either (at the old age of 10) we did a big bowl of candy (Jolly Ranchers, butter mints, gum, and lollipops) and put some cute treat bags out. The kids (and some of the adults) filled up a bag of treats to take home.


What is your favorite birthday party theme?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!