And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Bible for Your Early Reader

I received a free copy of this book as a Tommy Mommy in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

Apple is finishing up a confirmation class at church that she has enjoyed so much. We've used the excitement of her class to really start encouraging Speedy to spend more time reading the Bible on his own. He goes to Sunday School and church each week, and we do daily devotions and Bible studies as part of our school time. There is always so much more to learn by reading God's word on your own though. Hubby & I are reading through the Bible with our adult Sunday School class right now, and I think we just feel even more convinced that our family needs to spend a good amount of time immersed in the world both with others and individually. So this was the perfect time for us to receive The Early Readers Bible for review.



Speedy says:

*I like the cover because it is really cool.

*I like that it is New King James Version because my other Bibles are different.

*I like the pictures. There are pictures in every random part.

*There is a picture timeline at the end.

*There are really nice maps too.

*I like how big the words are (larger font).

The big font makes it easy for him to read. He actually is finding the NKJV very interesting because he's so accustomed to the NIV and ICB. This Bible is packed full of maps, pictures, and charts to keep young readers engaged. There are places to note special events and reading plans. The most exciting part is a colorful illustration timeline that includes Biblical History and Secular History from the birth of Abram to the exile of John in AD 100. The only thing I see that I would add to this Bible would be tabs. It is so difficult to teach children to navigate the Bible without tabs.

The version of this Bible we received is a hardback and it would be excellent for churches to give as "move up" gifts to children. Our church typically gives each child a Bible as they move into 2nd grade.

Reading and understanding God's word is so important. I think "we" have let this discipline slide in recent times. We have more Bibles available to us than ever before, but I'd dare to guess we read them less. Reading God's word and having it in our memories brings peace and a closer relationship with God.

Because I feel so strongly about us all staying well versed in the Bible, I'm thrilled to give one reader a copy of The Early Readers Bible. Fill out the easy Giveaway Tools widget to enter.

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!