And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Who Has Time for Down Time??

Trying to rest is hard y'all. It seems like there is already so much to do in a week's time. This week I was sick a few days (pollen=allergies=boo!) so my productivity was limited to sitting on the couch attempting to teach school. Glad we can do our day in our pjs when needed. I fell out of my 7 am wake up call but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. We are getting back to it tomorrow!

I have limited my Sunday "work" as much as possible the past few weeks. I think just being aware that I need time to relax with my family is the first step. Making a checklist seems to help. If I can prioritize my activities for each day then I feel productive instead of guilty as I work my way through the list.

It may sound like busy work to some people, but the more I can prepare things beforehand, the better my days go. So if I can lay out clothes the night before or pack bags or pre-make meals then I will be in better shape.

What are your best tips for organizing your time so you have time to relax? Do you schedule in "rest" or relaxation time? We are looking forward to a family trip soon. I am praying and planning now so hopefully I can relax and enjoy myself on our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!