And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, May 11, 2015

Budget Battle



It's been awhile since I did a budget battle update. I'm happy to report we are on target. We are right where we hoped to be at this point in the year. We even have some very exciting things happening, but I'm not ready to share here just yet. We've been able to stay on budget, take a lovely trip to St. Louis, and a few day trips.

I have fallen behind on writing down everything. It is hard to remember to write down every penny spent and every purchase when paying with cash. I hope to improve on that because I want to have a really solid idea of where we went over or under to help prepare our budget for 2016.

I think the biggest change for us has been awareness. We are so aware that we want to get our debt completely paid off that we've been very conservative with groceries and purchases. At the same time, allowing ourselves a budget for clothing, homeschool, and trips has given us the freedom to buy things we need and do things we want without feeling guilty about it. In the past, I've tended to lock down all spending and that just hasn't been successful for our family.

Now that we are approaching the halfway mark of 2015, how is your budget going? Do you have any great tips or experiences to share?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been keeping track of my budget this year, like I have the last couple years :/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!