And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Bully

I received a free copy of this book from Tommy Nelson in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.




I am sad that Nancy Rue's Mean Girl Makeover Trilogy has come to an end. In the final book, Sorry I'm Not Sorry, big bully Kylie has a rude awakening. Kylie finds that her deception is no longer working and the adults in her life are ready for her to make a change. While her parents are still trying to defend their princess, Kylie decides she can fake her way through the school's punishments so she can regain her position as a cheerleader by the end of the summer.

When she finds out her punishments include regular meetings with Lydia, the mentor of the Tori's Tribelet and creator of the anti-bullying campaign, and working at a children's arts and drama camp for the summer, she isn't sure she is going to make it after all. While she has a rocky start to her assignments, over time Kylie begins to soften and take a different look at life. She is shocked when the girls she has bullied in the past begin to treat her with some kindness. Kylie finds that working with the little girls in her dance class gives her a new perspective.

I love that my Apple loves these books. They aren't just about bullying. While they do show some methods for dealing with bullies and the cause and effect of some bullying behavior, they also show tween girls a better way to deal with one another. It isn't always about bullying with girls of this age, a lot of the angst is the drama. We try to adopt a drama free environment around our home, but it can be a struggle.

If you are looking for a good read for your tween girl, I recommend this series. It is set on middle school girls, but I enjoyed reading each book almost as much as Apple did. I've got a copy of Sorry I'm Not Sorry to giveaway! Enter via the Giveaway Tools widget.



See my reviews of So Not Okay and You Can't Sit With Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!