And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Action and Adventure

Normally the books I review are fairly low-key. I like action and adventure, but it can be difficult to find those books that don't involve unsavory themes like fornication and vampires. I received Centralia by Mike Dellosso as a review item for Tyndale Blog Network. I knew from the description that this wouldn't be the typical Christian novel.



Peter Ryan wakes up to a normal day. The sun is shining and he hears his wife and daughter downstairs. That's the last moment of "normal" for Peter. His life goes on an insane roller coaster of twists and turns. I was dizzy by the end of the book! If you enjoyed Terminator 2 or if you love a good action/ adventure story then you will thoroughly enjoy this book. It has a little conspiracy and a little government involvement for you too. It is a Christian book so there is a faith journey involved as well.

Honestly I felt like I was watching a movie as I read this book. It is descriptive. The main character goes through a well developed journey. It kept me guessing until the end. After a little research it seems this is a typical book for Mike Dellosso. I'm interested to read some of his other works now. This would be a great book to give the guy in your life. I find there aren't as many good Christian reads for men as there are for women. This book does contain some violence but I didn't find it to be too graphic.


I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale Blog Network in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!