And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Budget Battle

I gave you a teaser in my last Budget Battle post. I told you we had some exciting things happening and now I'm ready to share! After working hard on our budget the first half of the year, we were able to purchase a home! We've been renting for over a year. When we moved into the rental, we knew it would be temporary.



Moving to a new area is tricky and we wanted to be certain about neighborhoods before buying. We actually fell in love with the neighborhood we were in, but the house we were renting was cramped. We've spent several months checking out homes for sale in the community. The house we bought was on the market for awhile and when the price dropped we found ourselves more interested in it than we originally were. With lots of prayer (lots and lots of prayer), we were able to buy it in a very short time frame.



Things have been insane as we closed and moved out of the rental. We have amazing friends and family who gave us so much help. We'd never have been able to get it all done in a week without so many volunteers. Now we have everything at our new home and we are about 95% unpacked. This is nothing short of a miracle as we had VBS and ball games this past week on top of moving and regular life stuff.

Having some patience helped us get a great deal on a good home. If you are working through your own budget battle, I hope this encourages you! We still have a ways to go but now our money is going into our own home instead of a rental. We won't stop our budget just because we met a big goal.

I love our home even more than I thought I would. We didn't move far so it is very comfortable. Moving is so much work. I've never been a big fan of the process and after moving twice in about a year and a half, I hope we don't have to do it again for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!