And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Notes of Grace

I recently read When Mercy Rains by Kim Vogel Sawyer. The story intrigued me so I was excited to receive Book 2 of The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy to review. When Grace Sings continues the story of Alexa Zimmerman in the Arborville Old Order Mennonite community. Alexa has now opened the Grace Notes Bed and Breakfast at her grandmother's house.



Briley Forrester is a smooth talking reporter from Chicago who has come to the community for an extended stay at the B and B. He is hoping to scoop a story that shows the Mennonite are just like everyone else. Of course, he keeps his goal a secret and tries his best to make himself cozy with the locals.

On top of dealing with Briley, Alexa finds herself hosting her cousin Anna-Grace. There are family secrets that Alexa is trying to keep from her cousin. Anna-Grace is in town to work on a family home with her intended Stephen. Stephen has secrets of his own that he is trying to hide.

Kim Vogel Sawyer has a unique way of spinning a story that seems to have no favorable conclusion. I enjoyed this book (and the previous one) because I was guessing until the very end. I enjoyed the story and the ending of this book but there are a lot of loose threads! I hope I get my hands on book 3 soon so I can see how it all ends. I also like that this isn't a typical Amish or Mennonite fiction. Because Alexa was raised outside of the community, the book really melds the cultures. This also isn't a romance novel and it isn't a mystery. It's just a woven tale with some humor and suspense. Definitely a fantastic summer read!

I received a free copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!