And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Another Year Older....

At this point in life I thought wisdom would abound.......instead gray hairs are abounding.


I've worn contacts for a long time but now even with them things can be hard to see.....Now I feel bad for making fun of my parents for moving papers back and forth to try to read. 

Most days I still feel young....until I get around someone young. I'm sure I sounded that way in my 20s too, but I thought I sounded intelligent. 

I still worry a lot but about much different things. I couldn't care less about the latest fashion trends, but finding a good deal on groceries makes for a great day.

Most days I enjoy that my kids are a little older and more independent, but sometimes I miss the baby days...when they couldn't talk....or walk. 

I am glad they sleep through the night....even though occasionally I don't.

I'd like to think I'm a little calmer now....and quieter. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. That's just started in the last couple of years. I know some of you are very thrilled about this development.

I tend to "collect" friends wherever I go. I've always been that way. I still enjoy making new friends, but I keep my inner circle a lot smaller than I have in the past. You find a couple of really good, reliable friends trumps 50 okay friends any day.

My life looks a lot different than I ever imagined it to be. I'm so glad that God had a much greater plan that I did! 

In the past year, I've learned that reading my Bible is one of the most important things I can do. I guess as long as I'm still learning something new, I'm living life to the fullest!

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!