And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hawkins Humor

Christian comedian Tim Hawkins has been making the social media rounds for some time now. His classic chart of worship signals is hilarious internet fodder. He is also a homeschool dad so I see things from him pop up on pages I follow from time to time. He has a new book out titled Diary of a Jackwagon. This is his "journal" of funny observations, and I received a copy to review from BookLook Bloggers.


Beyond snippets of his songs and the infamous chart, I wasn't super familiar with his work, and so I wasn't sure what to expect. Tim Hawkins is definitely funny. I had many laugh out loud moments as I read his thought s on McDonald's, shoes, and Christian curse words. His humor was fairly clean although he does tend to toe the line a bit. Some of his jokes made me feel a bit uptight (something he predicted and of course had a joke about in the book). It is a fine line for Christians, we should be able to laugh at ourselves (and consequently one another), but I think we should be careful not to take away from our reverence for God or the respectful tone our worship should have.

However, this book is funny. I laughed more than I cringed. I would recommend it well above most of the "comedy" available to stream. There were no actual cusswords used in the writing of this book.


I received a free copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!