And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Short Bible Stories for Your Sweet Littles


We always read bedtime stories to our kids when they were little. It was their favorite part of the bedtime routine. Now that they are older, we still read stories together from time to time but they usually do their own night time reading. We incorporate Bible reading as much as possible in our family. The new Read and Share 5 Minute Bible Stories book is a great way for you to do that in your family! I took the opportunity to review this book so we can use it with the kids at church from time to time.








This big book of short stories is hardback but with the soft, almost squishy feeling cover. From the first touch it will interest your toddler or little one. Inside they will find bright, colorful illustrations and over 90 stories from the Old and New Testaments. Each one is 2 pages, includes illustrations, has a Biblical reference, and ends with a thought or question. I've never been a fan of Bible stories for kids that stray from the original text and/ or add lots of imagined information. I feel like these stories stay pretty close to scripture and don't add a lot of fluff to the text. Each entry is presented in a way that will be interesting and easy to understand for your little ones.

My own big kids have had fun digging into the stories into these 5 minute stories. I can't wait to take it to church and share it with some of our younger kids on Wednesday nights. I think they will really love these fun, familiar stories! Take a sneak peek into the book.


Would you like to win your own copy of this book? Enter via the easy Giveaway Tools widget. This would be a great "read" present for Christmas!


Entry-Form


I received a free copy of this book from Tommy Nelson in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the calming time with the grandkids around me just listening as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedtime or before nap time are great ties to read a Bible story.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bedtime is the best part of the day to read a 5 Minute Bible Story together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the author of the Read and Share 5 Minute Bible I am thrilled that you understand my intent in writing the book was to give kids a knowledge of a God who loves them and is always there for them. Therefore, I wanted to stay close to the biblical text so that when they are older and turn to the Book, they will find a story they recognize and can read in a full text Bible.

    Thanks for the good review.

    Gwen Ellis

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!