And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Power of Prayer

Prayer is a privilege and a tool that we can often overlook. Even the most devoted Christians can fall into a prayer rut or even stray away from prayer all together. When I saw the movie trailers for Alex & Stephen Kendrick's newest movie, I could tell it was about prayer. I haven't seen the movie War Room yet, but I am very excited that I was able to receive the book for review from Tyndale Blogging Network.






Chris Fabry took the task of novelizing the movie. This is a great book, and I love the tagline "Prayer is a Powerful Weapon". This book certainly supports that.

Miss Clara is a prayer warrior through and through. Widowed and growing older, her son convinces her to move to an apartment on his property. She prays about everything, even the realtor she will use to sell her home.

Elizabeth Jordan is in a messy marriage and trying to keep her head above water as she tends to her 10 year old daughter and works as a realtor. She is angry and frustrated with her current situation.

Tony Jordan is Elizabeth's husband and he's just as angry and frustrated as her. Life on the road as a salesman lends all sorts of temptations. Can Tony fight them all?

In this story, God brings these 3 together. Miss Clara shares her War Room (prayer closet) with Elizabeth. Can prayer really change things in the lives of the Jordans? Will their daughter Danielle come through this trying time unscathed? How can all of it work out?

This 400+ page book kept me in suspense, and I found myself finished in less than 2 days. The storyline is very reminiscent of Courageous and Fireproof (2 other Kendrick brothers movies). I thought it was a wonderful reminder of the importance and power of prayer. We've done so well (Hubby & I) reading our Bibles with our Sunday School class this year. This book reminded me that prayer is another important component of my relationship with Jesus, and I can't let it fall to the wayside. Now I can't wait to see the movie!


I received this book free from the Tyndale Blogging Network in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!