And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, September 21, 2015

Fun New Series for Kids

Bob Hartman has started a fun new series of books for kids, and I received the first one to review for Tyndale Blog Network. The Big Pig Stampede is the first of the Goat Boy Chronicles. This 175 page book chronicles the miracles of Jesus into this funny fiction version.


Gideon, aka Goat Boy, travels with his merchant father and their merchant friends selling their wares. When Jesus starts to become big news, the entrepreneurs decide to follow the crowds and therefore are following Jesus. Goat Boy and his friend Bug end up nearby when Jesus performs some of His miracles. Could this guy really be more than a Rabbi?

I really enjoyed this book. It is a fun take on some actual stories from the Bible. Apple and Speedy both read the book and liked it too. The book is very funny in a juvenile way and will definitely help them remember some of the stories they already know from the New Testament. The book isn't irreverant but it certainly isn't a serious commentary on the life of Jesus. The word "jerk" is used right away so if you avoid books with that word then you won't like this one. However, I am glad my kids had the chance to read it and they are looking forward to the next installment.


I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale Blog Network in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!