And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, September 14, 2015

Refreshing


The weather in Tennessee has been just amazing. I know I've gushed about it a little on here, but I just can't get over it. It feels like God has just been refreshing my soul with the beautiful weather.

I've gone around our house and found all the windows that I can open. I've had them open wide for the last few days. It's been so nice to turn off the ac and let God's breeze blow through our new home. I'm excited to air it out a bit.

While I'm enjoying this season (and certainly don't want to rush it!) there is a thrill about looking forward to the holidays here. I'm excited to have family and friends over for Thanksgiving, and I'm excited about a bigger home to decorate for Christmas. Last year we barely decorated our little rental house, and it almost didn't feel like Christmas at all.

Maybe the holiday gratitude is just beginning early for me this year. We know so many who are sick and facing big life things. We've been in those seasons before, and I'm just grateful for the peace God is granting in our lives right now.

Our Sunday School class is reading in Isaiah and what struck me recently was Isaiah 32:17-18.

The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.


If you've never lived in a home with no peace you may not understand the blessing of God's promise there. Many days I can dwell in thankfulness because our home is a peaceful one. I am especially thankful when the temperatures are cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!