And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Silence

Once upon a time, silence drove me crazy. I always had the TV on or the radio going (sometimes both at the same time). I chattered incessantly and felt like I always NEEDED to be talking with someone. I didn't like silence. I didn't understand people who enjoyed silence. I think silence made me feel lonely, and I've never been a fan of that.

When the kids were little, silence generally meant they were getting into something that they shouldn't. As cute as they were, they could make some pretty big messes, and they were always up to something.



Now that I am older (and they are older), I finally understand that silence is golden. In this crazy busy world, a little silence and pray can make all the difference in an insane day. I appreciate the moments with no noise. A few seconds to watch the shadows bounce on the lawn with no noise around me feels like a mini vacation. When the kids go to bed and I spend a little time reading my Bible in the quiet is one of my favorite parts of the day.

So take your cup of coffee, find a spot with no sound, and enjoy a moment! Do you like silence? Have you always?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!