And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, October 9, 2015

First Year on the Crew

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I joined The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew. Time has really flown by. Now the 2016 Crew application is open for anyone new who is interested in applying. If you are a homeschool blogger, I'd like to encourage you to fill it out.

When I applied last year, I wasn't confident I would make the cut. I had applied once in the past and wasn't selected so I almost didn't reapply. I'm so glad I did! Not only was I accepted but I've loved being a part of the Crew.

This year the TOS Crew got the opportunity to review loads of homeschool curriculum products, some books, and even some fancy all natural beauty products. The review calendar runs from about January through mid-November. When you are selected to receive a product, you get several weeks to really use that product before sharing your opinion.

I loved so many of the products I reviewed this year but our favorites were Spelling You See, IEW, and Homeschool Planet. Homeschool Planet is one that I wasn't sure I even wanted to review and I ended up loving it! My kids really enjoyed trying so many new things and getting to change up our school time on a regular basis.

The Crew gets access to a wonderful forum where we get pertinent information and have a place to share and talk. It's been great seeing the support that everyone gives one another. The Crew leadership has been fantastic and even though the guard is changing I know we will be in good hands for next year.

So if you homeschool your kids and you have a blog, take a few minutes to fill out the application. There's nothing to lose but a year full of fun reviews to gain!


Schoolhouse Review Crew 2016 Applications

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your first year on the Crew. Every year when the Crew tour ends we always discuss it as a family & it is always unanimous that we should reapply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was our first year too. I wasn't sure about applying either, but I am so glad I did. It was a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your first year went well and that you are a part of the team!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!