And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Homeschool Encouragement



Since the very first moment I even began to consider homeschool as an option, God has sent the most amazing people to encourage me in the journey. I had some lovely friends who took the time to boost my confidence about homeschool. They got me started on the right path and gave me the push I needed to jump in. It seems that everytime I've been frustrated or ready to quit, someone has come along to encourage me about homeschooling or someone has come along to remind me why we homeschool. Just this weekend I had the opportunity to speak with 3 young teachers. I've known these ladies since they were in school themselves.They began to share some of their frustrations with the school systems that employee them. I immediately felt that nudge from God, gently reminding me that He has given us the clear direction to homeschool. Even today when things aren't going as I'd like them to during our school time, I know that this is where we are meant to be. 

If you are thinking of homeschooling or still feel like a newbie, find some encouragers to help you! No one should homeschool alone. Find a local friend who shares the journey or get involved with an online group or Facebook page. Seek out a veteran homeschool mom who has been where you are. Just keep your eyes and ears open. Just last week I learned a sweet acquaintance was homeschooled in high school, and she had plenty of positive things to say about it. 

If you've been in the homeschool biz awhile, find time to encourage someone else. Spread the love! Invite a friend for lunch or a playdate. Share that new resource you found. Or as one of my bestest friends does- just send a text that says "Hi, how are you?". I love it when she does that! We are in the trenches together, and I'm glad God put us together for encouragement,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!