And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

B is for Blue Ribbon Awards

We just placed our votes for the Schoolhouse Review Crew Blue Ribbon Awards for 2015. This was a fun way to vote for all our favorite products we have reviewed for the Crew this year. It was so hard to pick in so many categories! The kids and I also disagreed on a few. The voting results for the whole crew will be posted on Monday, November 16 but I wanted to give you a little preview of our selections.



Favorite Math:



We were divided on this category but CTC Math won the vote. This multi-level online math program has so many advantages that I had to pick it. Speedy uses it every school day and is finding great success with it. 

2nd place in this division would be Unlock Math with Apple's very exhuberant vote! 


Favorite Reading:


Star Toaster Review


Star Toaster's Orphs of the Woodlands won this category easily. 

Favorite Writing: 



IEW's TWSS and SWI of course! I also voted for it as the Best Resource I Didn't Know I Needed. 

Favorite Spelling:


This was another divided category for us. I made the final selection and voted for Spelling You See. There are so many reasons I love this approach to spelling! Speedy also enjoys Spelling You See and still uses it but he wanted to vote for Phonetic Zoo which he is using at the same time. 

Favorite Book, Audio Book, or Audio Drama:


This was a really hard choice to make because we enjoyed all of the audio books and audio dramas we reviewed this year. In Freedom's Cause was the unanimous decision because it was so exciting and unique. 


There are loads of other categories but those are our top/ most controversial choices for the Blue Ribbon Awards. I will end with each of our final selections.

Apple's Kids' Choice Award: 


Speedy's Kids' Choice Award:


My All Around Crew Favorite:

Spelling You See

I'm excited to see the results next week! It will be interesting to see how many of our favorites made the top spot!





This post is linked up to Blogging Through the Alphabet with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude!
Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

5 comments:

  1. I just finished filling out our Blue Ribbon choices. Some of ours were the same, including IEW and Brinkman Adventures. There were so many wonderful products to choose between this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these made our list too. It's so awesome how many fabulous products we've been blessed with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a hard time choosing too! I wish I could award them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for Apple's vote for UnLock Math!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!