And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, November 23, 2015

D is for Delicious



My dad's favorite treat was peanut butter fudge. It became a tradition to make it for him for every holiday. It was never too much trouble because I love it too! As far as I know everyone who has ever tried it has loved it. So of course I still make it for my family even though my dad is no longer with us. I made my first batch for the holiday season today, and it came out perfectly!

You need:

3/4 c butter
2/3 c evaporated milk
3 c sugar
2/3 c peanut butter
13 oz marshmallow cream

Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. Once it is melted stir in evaporated milk. Then add all 3 cups of sugar. Stir, stir, stir. Once it begins to bubble you really need to start stirring as you let it boil for 5 minutes. You arm will feel like it may fall off....keep stirring! When the 5 minutes is up, cut off the heat and stir in your peanut butter. I prefer crunchy but creamy will work as well. Once the peanut butter is melted, grow a third arm because you still need to stir as you add in the marshmallow cream. Once it is all melded together and feels like you are sticky from head to toe, pour the yummy sugary goodness into a pan. This corningware dish that was my grandma's is my vessel of choice but you can go with metal or glass. The size just depends on how thick you want your fudge. Then it just needs to sit for a bit to solidify. Cut into squares and serve to the people you love! It is very sweet but oh so DELICIOUS!

I am blogging through the alphabet with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude! Check them out and find all the other D posts for this week.
Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I can imagine that my children would enjoy this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I need to make this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks downright sinful.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good and so easy! Will have to add it to my Christmas fudge making and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds so good! I love fudge, but have never made it. Looks like I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe. I love peanut butter, so will definitely need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look delicious! I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter flavored.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!