And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Listen to the New Testament

The kids and I love to listen to audio books and audio dramas in the car so we were so excited to receive an audio Bible to review. We spend a good bit of time in the car so I knew it would be beneficial to have the New Testament on CD. The Word of Promise is more than a simple reading of the New Testament in NKJV. It is an audio drama with a star cast of voices. 


When I read that it was an audio drama with so many big names, I was concerned that this would be a loose interpretation of the Bible. I was pleasantly surprised to find it to be a direct reading of the Word. Every part I've checked with my Bible has been spot on minus some "he said" or other similar wording that is unnecessary when someone is actually speaking it.

The cast includes familiar names like Richard Dreyfus, Kimberly Paisley Williams, Michael W. Smith, and so many more. We've enjoyed this production so much. The kids are asking questions. We've spent time comparing the gospels. We've paused the discs to discuss parts further. My kids don't know who any of the actors are, but they can appreciate the differences in voices to indicate various people.

This is a great product for someone new to the Bible that struggles with reading the Word. It is just as wonderful for someone who has read the New Testament again and again as this gives a fresh perspective. When my kids were little I was always looking for the Bible story books that told the real Biblical account. It doesn't get any closer than word for word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!