And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Adult Coloring Book with Scripture #WhateverIsLovely

I admit I've jumped on the adult coloring book bandwagon. I've always enjoyed coloring and found it a peaceful exercise. Since I don't have the artistic ability of my daughter, coloring has always been one of my few artistic outlets. I was happy to receive an adult coloring book for review because Apple won't share the one she received for Christmas! Whatever Is Lovely is not only an intricate coloring book, it is full of Bible quotes, hymns, and quotes.


The cover describes it as "a coloring book for reflection and worship". That is a very accurate description. Just flipping through the pages and reading the hymns and verses on the backs of each page is a peaceful endeavor. The act of coloring the little intricate designs certainly allows the mind to slow down and reflect on the words on each page.



My Sunday School class finished all of the Old Testament in 2015. We are going to slow it down a bit as we go through the New Testament in 2016. Armed with my journaling Bible and this coloring book, I feel like I will be able to fully rest in God's word as I read it in a new way. Do you have goals for quiet time and/ or your Bible reading in 2016?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!