And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, December 14, 2015

G is for the Grinch



In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, we love to sit down as a family and watch Christmas movies. We try to add to our collection every year or two. Hubby & I came into our marriage with our own favorite Christmas films. My family has always watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and so it is my personal favorite. I usually watch it several times a year and it makes me laugh every single time. We let the kids watch it but we keep a finger on the mute button and fast forward through a couple of scenes. Hubby's all time favorite is A Christmas Story. I had heard of it but never watched it until I met him. Now I look forward to seeing it each year.

The kids have a list that they enjoy. They both love How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both versions). Apple loves The Polar Express (but Speedy greatly dislikes it). Elf is a family favorite too. Home Alone and Home Alone 2 are classics! We even throw in Ernest Saves Christmas. Of course Christmas isn't complete until we've watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. This year my Christmas movie purchase was The Santa Clause trilogy.

I guess this is our Top 13ish picks in no certain order! While watching movies certainly isn't our focus of the season, the tradition of watching these movies together ensures we have plenty of laid back family time. It gives us all something to look forward to doing. We don't usually plan it out or put it on the calendar, when we are home for the afternoon or evening we pick one and pop it in. There are always lots of snuggles on the couch with blankets and usually a snack. It's a peaceful time that gives all of us a little extra Christmas joy.

Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?


I am linking up this post to Blogging through the Alphabet with Adventures with Jude and Through the Calm and Through the Storm. Check out the other G posts:


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

6 comments:

  1. I think you hit on all our favorites, too! Christmas Vacation, Elf, and Charlie Brown's Christmas are the three must-sees for our family every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having another couple over Friday Night to watch "Christmas Vacation", definitely my husband's favorite. Mine is "White Christmas" and "Miracle On 34th Street" (the original)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elf is a fun one isn't it? :) visiting from blogging through alphabet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love the Home Alone movies and the Santa Clause movies (with Tim Allen)! Elf is also a family favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband loves Christmas Vacation, but I have a soft spot for the cartoon classics like Grinch, Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty and Rudolph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never can seem to find enough time during December to watch all the Christmas movies I want to watch. Maybe I need to declare a Christmas in July movie week next summer when we're a little less busy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!