And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, December 28, 2015

I is for I...




I spent way too much time over the holidays trying to make more storage space on my phone. It seems like everytime I took a picture I needed to get rid of 20 pictures! Now I'm sure all my family thinks I'm addicted to my phone (and I might be) but THIS TIME I was just freeing up space!

I love to decorate early but I cannot wait to put away all the Christmas things as soon as it is over. I'm getting hives thinking about all the ornaments and paper and plates and other red and green items that need to hurry their way back to the attic.

I was impressed with my kids and their level of gratefulness this year. They were truly pleased with every gift. Even after we were mean to them and led them to believe they weren't getting the things they asked for.

I am unimpressed with the state of my children's bedrooms. As grateful as they are for those gifts they really don't need to display them all over the floor.

I am still full from all the food I ate 3 days ago. I refused to eat at one family meal because I just couldn't. My body said noooooooooo!

I don't ever remember a Christmas as warm as this one. I mean we're in Tennessee and Mississippi so we aren't usually having a white Christmas but it has been in the 70s. We've worn shorts this week!

I'm praying for those that lost homes in storms and tornadoes this week. We've been affected by tornadoes in the past, and it's so physically and emotionally draining. I hope you'll pray for those families too.

I'm excited about 2016. I love the feeling of renewal during this part of the holiday season. I hope you'll drop by and check out the chaos throughout the year. I'll have reviews and giveaways and humor and hopefully some helpful advice to share with you throughout the year.


I'm sharing this post on the Blogging Through the Alphabet linky hosted by Adventures with Jude and Through the Calm and Through the Storm. I hope you'll hop over and check out the other "I" posts!


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

4 comments:

  1. "I" enjoyed reading this! We live in Louisiana, so I can sympathize about the warm weather. My dad wore shorts on Christmas Day! I was like, no way, I refuse. I wore long sleeve plaid shirt and jeans and boots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda like a random five on Friday! I'm sure you're not alone in many of the thoughts you had over this Christmas break. Glad all enjoyed their Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your random I thoughts for this week.

    I was also a bit eager to get all the beloved Christmas decorations tucked safely back away in the garage. I love when they're out, but they've seemed like an annoying visual to-do list for the past few days.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!