And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, February 1, 2016

Hospitality Update


It's the first day of the second month of 2016 and I haven't done a fabulous job at my "Word of the Year" goal. To be fair (to myself), I haven't done a horrible job either. I did not manage to plan a meal or hangout at my house for January. However, my parents came to eat lunch on several Sundays, and we did have a drop in from one family friend. I had full intention of actually organizing a meal and having friends over but Hubby was on a schedule that made that difficult and the month really got away from me. However it's a new month with new possibilities!

Just to make myself feel better...I have been doing very well with meal planning! I've had a meal plan every week this year so far. I forgot how great it was to not need to decide what to eat every single day. I set myself up with a daily/ weekly schedule for working, cleaning, etc. I've only done so-so with that so far in 2016. Having the "work" schedule has been very helpful although I've had to rearrange a few dates here and there. The cleaning schedule will work if I can ever get a routine going. I have had "make up" days a few times when I needed to get the whole house clean in one day because my schedule fell apart. It seems crazy that some days I don't have 15-20 minutes to spend on the housework, but it does happen.

How is 2016 going for you? Have you stepped up and worked hard on your goals? Have you already completely abandoned them? Just remember February can be a fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!