And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, February 1, 2016

Niece & Nephews



Growing up as an only child, I worried that I would never have nieces or nephews. I'm a "kid person" so that thought made me sad. Little did I know God would bless me abundantly in the niece and nephew division!

Our oldest nephew came a year after Apple. He's a smart, funny guy who is so similar to Speedy it's scary! Falling in the age range between our 2, he fits in with both kids and they are always happy to spend time together.

The only niece is the bunch is a shy princess. She always takes a little while to warm up to us, but once she does it's pure joy! She helps balance the boy/ girl ratio a little. Her quiet demeanor is unique from the other cousins.

Next by age is our nephew on the other side of the family. He recently got to come and stay the night with us. There was a LOT of giggling that night! He lives farther away than the others so we really try to cherish any time we get to spend with him. He always jumps right in on whatever activities we have planned.

Then we have one more little nephew. He's younger than all the rest so he's still developing his personality a bit. He makes sure his presence is known, and he works hard to get his way. Since my husband has 2 brothers, it seems fitting there are 3 grandsons on that side of the family now. No worries...the 2 girls hold their own!

I absolutely love to spend time with all 4! I only wish they all lived closer. I look forward to our kids and these kids all growing up with fond memories of time spent together. And I'm glad God gave me a beautiful niece and 3 wonderful nephews even though I grew up with no siblings.

I'm adding this N post to Blogging Through the Alphabet with Adventures with Jude and Through the Calm and Through the Storm. Be sure you check out the huge variety of posts each week!



Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

2 comments:

  1. Since I wasn't able to have children, my nieces and nephews were like my children, but now their all adults and their children are now my grandchildren :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always an adventure getting together with family! I know they'll remember those times together forever.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!