And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, February 15, 2016

Pick!

I think if I could go back and count all the words I've said since Apple was born, my most frequently used word would be pick. Seems crazy I know but hear me out. I probably say pick 100 times a day.



As in...

PICK UP YOUR SOCKS.

Pick up your shoes. Pick up your plate. Pick up your trash. Pick up your books. Pick up your bicycle/ ball/ scooter/ basketball out of the yard. Pick up your cup.

And then the homeschool mom's words...

Pick which subject to start. Pick a problem and get started. Pick up your papers. Pick up your pencil. Pick up your book/ notebook/ eraser/ pen/ chair/ game/ crayons/ markers/ colored pencils.

I'm not one to give my kids lots of choices but you will occasionally hear me say...

Pick what you want to drink. Pick what you'd like to eat. Pick something off the menu. Pick which color you want. Pick which pair you want. Pick the one YOU WANT. JUST PICK. Pick a movie. Pick a show. Pick a book. Pick something. Pick anything. Pick and let's go.

You probably get the picture. Do you say pick frequently or am I the only one?


I'm linking up this "P" post with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude. Check out all the other Blogging Through the Alphabet posts.


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

3 comments:

  1. LOL I say it a lot as well.. and not just to my kids but to my 30 year old husband as well. haha Great word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's funny. I wouldn't have thought of saying that word so many times, but after those examples, I'd say we use that (or a variant thereof) just as often at our house!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!