And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, February 22, 2016

Quality

I had a "Q" post almost complete and then something happened. My kids asked me to read them a bedtime story. My 8 & 10 year old wanted to snuggle up and listen to me read their favorites from years ago. Of course I couldn't say no! I honestly don't remember how long it's been since I read them a real bedtime story. We read aloud for school regularly. Sometimes Hubby starts a book with them and will read a passage to them at night, but it's been years since we did a regular bedtime story.




Speedy picked Llama, Llama Red Pajama and Corduroy. Gosh I love those stories. Both of those books were from the Imagination Library. I encourage everyone with children under 5 to check into the Imagination Library. My kids both LOVED getting a free book in the mail every month. Apple picked Goodnight Moon. That's actually our second copy of that book because the first one just totally fell apart.

In the days before they could read, every night we'd snuggle up and read stories. It was their favorite part of the day and mine too. Now they each lay in bed and read their own books every night. While they enjoy that, I did enjoy our nostalgic moment, and I hope I get a few more of those in before they grow up and move away! It was definitely a quality moment with the two of them.

We get "quantity" time together because the three of us are almost always together. Sometimes the "quality" is missing though as we focus on school and chores, and I work. I've always believed families need quantity and quality time. It's important to just be together sometimes. However we could easily be together all the time and never have any real quality time. Cherish that quality time mamas. Apple went from 0 to (almost) 11 in the blink of an eye.

Do you read bedtime stories to your kids?


I'm linking up this "Q" post with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude. Make sure to check out all the Blogging Through the Alphabet posts!


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

2 comments:

  1. What a great feeling when your kids want to snuggle up and read! Fortunately, my youngest still likes to do that occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lad and I have a list of books we go through at night. Followed by a time of play before its lights out. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!