And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, March 7, 2016

Sunshine



Here in the south, we're never quite sure what the weather is going to be like. A few weeks ago we had this view:


A few days later it was a little different:



We've had several beautiful weekends with sunshine and warm weather. Baseball is starting this week though so I'm sure the frigid temps and rainy days will make a reappearance.

Apple's birthday is this month. There have been years when we had tons of kids outside in the backyard for her party. She's also had birthdays with snow melting on the ground. It's always a toss up so any plans we make are inside.

Before kids, I always said winter was my favorite season. I loved cold weather and sweaters. I still have a fondness for fall but if you ask me now, I will say summer is my favorite. Even when it's unbearable hot. Because even on those hottest days, the kids can still usually spend some time outside. In the winter when it's really windy/ wet/ freezing, they can't go out at all or only for a extremely short amount of time. Most days these kids need to be outside. I need them to be outside. Outside is a great place with no screens and no noise level requirement.

Honestly the sun is just great for me too. Last Sunday after church and lunch, I took some paperwork outside and just sat on the patio and soaked up the rays. I'm hoping for some time for that later today too. I think that's why I enjoy the kids playing outdoor sports! It gives me an excuse to just be outside. Time to thank the Lord for the beautiful, warm sunshine and for all the blessings He gives us.

Welcome Spring (the shortest season in TN)!

What is your favorite season? Is it beginning to warm up in your neck of the woods? We've had a mild winter, but I'm praying the warm temps are around to stay.

I'm linking this post up to Blogging Through the Alphabet with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude.


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

3 comments:

  1. I truly enjoy all seasons except Summer (although it has some redeeming value as well). But I really enjoy Winter, especially since moving to Colorado. The snow reminds me of the verse "though your sins were like scarlet they will be as white as snow". I also like Spring where God brings everything back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a fellow southerner, I know all about the sporadic seasons!! We are headed into the 70's this week - my favorite temps! Looking forward to the beautiful new creations to see as spring approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado has had some nice weather lately, but it's still a little on the cool side. When we were in Oklahoma this weekend, though, the bradford pears were already in full bloom, though!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!