And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, March 21, 2016

Unbelief

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my UNBELIEF."



I came across Mark 9:24 in my Bible reading a couple of weeks ago. I knew I needed to tuck it away for my "U" post. I've heard a few verses on this passage over the years. None really captured the deep feeling I associate with that verse. Each time I read it I find myself drawing in my breath. How often do we need God to help our unbelief? I know I do!

Sometimes it feels easy to believe. When we are comforting a friend, it's easy to believe for them that God will work out the situation. It's a little different when it's our own situation. Especially if it's something we've been praying about long term. The unbelief really starts to creep in and take over.

We can look at the current political campaigns and feel disbelief. Is this real life? But we should never stop trusting and believing that God is in control and He is sovereign. Lord help our unbelief.

Even within the church, things can seem unbelievable. We must keep praying and believe that God has it all under control.

So this week, I won't be praying for faith or hope. I will pray for God to help my unbelief.


I'm sharing my "U" post with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude as they are Blogging Through the Alphabet! Be sure to check out all the other unique "u" posts!

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one that prays this prayer! I am thankful that we have a God that handle that and always proves Himself faithful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I pray that simple prayer often myself!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!