And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, April 18, 2016

X Marks the Spot


When I picked "X Marks the Spot" as my post title this week, I thought I'd be writing about the Bible as a treasure in our lives. I still think that is a great post, however I feel God leading me in a different direction. When I think of someone clutching a treasure map, I envision a desperate person seeking that one thing they think will make life better. They are searching for money or coins or some hidden treasure that can change their life.

I know that God is the only real treasure we can find in this life to change us. To change our circumstances. To change our outlook. To take our focus off of ourselves. Certainly I've found regularly reading God's word is a great way to connect to Him. This past year and four months reading through the Bible with our Sunday School class has been a blessed time. It's been a great experience, and I think it's strengthened our bonds. I know it's drawn me nearer to God, and I hope that's been the experience of my classmates as well. .

As I write this post though, I feel like maybe the "X" we need to be looking for isn't one we can hold. It isn't one we can dig up. It's one that we must fall on. I think our real treasure is going to be found on our knees in prayer to God. These are trying times my friends. Our biggest strength is found when we give it all to God. When we fall to our knees and pour our hearts out to Him.

Are you worried? Stressed? Confused? Tired? Weary? Wavering? Feeling weak? Pray. Just pray. It isn't hard. It doesn't even have to take a long time. Just talk to God through our Lord Jesus. When the world all around you seems crazy and out of control, pray. When life feels too hard, pray. When you need to make a decision, pray. When your kids are making you crazy, pray. When your spouse is working your nerves, pray. When you can't figure out a way, pray.

You don't need a special formula or long words. You don't even need a treasure map! Just find a quiet place, fall to your knees, and share your thoughts with God. Don't just pray for yourself! Pray for your friends. Pray for your enemies. Pray for your kids and your spouse. Pray for your crazy neighbor. Pray for our nation and our world. And then pray for your needs. Find your treasure.

In the house of the righteous there is much treasure, But in the revenue of the wicked is trouble.

Matthew 16:19-20
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.
























I'm linking up with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude for Blogging Through the Alphabet. Be sure to check out all the "X" posts this week. They should be interesting!


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!