And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, April 25, 2016

yawn.



I love to sleep, but sleep is usually a struggle for me. I've always tended towards being a night owl. I enjoy sleeping until at least 8 am. That has never been possible on a regular basis, but it would be the ideal. When the kids began to have some school time struggles recently, I laid out a schedule.

It is not easy for us to follow a regular time schedule. Hubby works various shifts and so it is harder for me to have a set time to go to sleep each night. However for the last couple of months I've been getting up at 6:30. I'm not going to sugar coat it. I am still struggling. Every. Day. And in reality the schedule has only helped minimally.

Even though the benefits haven't been amazing, the kids really like the schedules. Weird. The reason we've not had a schedule all this time is because Apple always wanted to pick the order of her subjects. Now she seems to like having it lined out. Speedy also likes having a specific time to do certain subjects although he struggles with completing his work in the alloted time frame.

I just made a simple template and filled in the particulars. I've already adjusted it a couple of times as we finish subjects and begin new review items. For the fall I plan to set something a little more long term, but this has been a great period to test it out.

So even though I'm tired. Like chronically exhausted. We're going to keep giving this a go. Do you wake up at a certain time each day? Do your students have a timed schedule for their schoolwork? Yawn. I need more coffee


I'm linking this post up with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude as they near the end of this run of Blogging Through the Alphabet. Make sure to check out all the other "y" posts!


. Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

2 comments:

  1. I am so there with you on being a night owl. I'm trying to work my way back up to getting up early. I was doing well and then fell off the wagon so I'm starting all over again. My children love getting up earlier to finish their work too. Me - I'd rather sleep but love the feeling when it's done early too so I'm trying to retrain myself....again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen off the wagon several times in the past. I hope to stick with it, but I'm not sure I will make it through the summer. I'm going to try though so it won't be so hard in the fall!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!