And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, May 9, 2016

My Favorite Breakfast

I've never been a big breakfast person. I have trouble eating when I first get up. I usually start to get hungry about 2 hours after rolling out of bed. My kids generally make their own breakfast before we begin school. So usually I will make a breakfast shake. It's my usual breakfast. Sometimes I will make a whole batch earlier because the kids like them too. When I'm making one for myself I use our Magic Bullet Blender. For the batch for all of us, I use our Ninja Blender. Here's the recipe for one. Just double or triple for more than one.



1/3 cup oats (I usually use quick oats for this but have used other types as well.)
1 banana
3-4 ice cubes
1-2 T peanut butter (crunchy!)
8-12 oz almond milk (or any milk of your choice)

Blend well. Drink with a straw. YUM.

I've never calculated the exact number of calories in this breakfast shake. I'm certain it's less than most other quick breakfast options. It's easy to customize and tastes great. You can add other flavors and ingredients to make it your favorite breakfast shake. Coffee makes a great side dish to this shake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!