And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, May 2, 2016

Z is for Zoo

I'm really a little sad that it is the final week of Blogging Through the Alphabet with Through the Calm and Through the Storm and Adventures with Jude. It has been a fun 26 weeks trying to find topics to fit with the letter of the week.

I clearly remember pondering the letter Z when I was teaching my kids to read. There just aren't that many words we use on a regular basis that begin with Z. They even had a fun Sesame Street video about letters and it was a big joke through the whole thing that so many words start with "A" and so few begin with "Z".

Zoo seems to always be the favorite Z word so here we go...

Our last trip to a zoo was just about a year ago when we visited the Saint Louis Zoo. That was actually my fourth trip to that particular zoo. We really love the Saint Louis Zoo because it is big and includes many fantastic exhibits. It's also free! That's my favorite perk of all.







We've also made several trips to zoos in Memphis and Nashville over the years. Even before having children, Hubby & I enjoyed a day at the zoo. It's amazing to see all the unique creatures God created.

Our kids both love zoo trips as well, and of course everyone has their favorite animals they like to see. Our trips to the zoo always count as field trips because they learn so much every time we go! Where is your favorite zoo?

Check out the other "Z" posts this week:

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=



1 comment:

  1. We love going to the zoo, but don't go nearly as much as I'd like to. I'm proud I made it all 26 weeks, too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!