And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, July 4, 2016

Hospitality Update


Well we've passed the halfway mark of the year. Time passes so quickly! Wasn't it just the first day of the year? Since we can't stop time, we just have to roll with it. While I haven't done a great job of inviting one family over a month as I intended with my "word of the year" choice of hospitality, I have enjoyed keeping track of who has been to our home. I've been much more aware of the need to connect with people on the whole in 2016.

In June, we had my parents and my nephew in our home several times. The kids also enjoyed having one friend each for a sleepover. We had neighbors drop by one day that I had not met yet. They were very friendly, and I certainly would have invited them in the house but Hubby was working night shift so was snoozing when they came by. We did have a lovely little visit outside though, and I enjoyed meeting more folks from the neighborhood. It made me even more aware that I haven't been diligent about meeting the people who live near us. Of course we know a few of them, but I think I should be working harder to become familiar with those who live so close to us.

While my word of the year has been hospitality, I've really been praying about making more connections here in our little town. We've been here 3 years now, and I just haven't gotten past the acquaintance stage with anyone nearby. It's harder than I thought it would be! Since we live in town, I really don't have many excuses other than we are at home a lot, and I just have not found many opportunities to talk to people.

Despite all that, I am happy to be going strong with my goals for the year, and we love our home. Have you been hospitable this summer? Have you fully abandoned your resolutions for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!