And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, August 1, 2016

Hospitality



July was a bit of a bust on the hospitality front. I think it's been the month of the year when I've had the least number of people in my home. My parents weren't even here much. In my defense, July was a SUPER crazy month for us with things lining up back to back to back.

There was Independence Day (which we celebrated at a relative's house), then one child went to camp, then VBS for several nights, then a short trip, soccer practices, and finishing up homeschool plans before our official fall semester begins. We were quite busy in July. We did spend lots of time with lots of people throughout the month though and that's one of the biggest components of hospitality.

I've really been concious about our lack of relationships in the community, and God is opening some doors in those areas for us. Hopefully we can all forge some friendships with people nearby and that will open up more opportunities to show hospitality. It can be a challenge to get current friends to travel 20-30 minutes to hang out at our house!

Fall has always been my very favorite season of the year. I'm looking forward to cooler temps, regular homeschool days, soccer games, and gearing up for the holidays! {I've spent today working on our calendar through the end of 2016, can you tell?}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!