And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday Mania

Today is a tough day. It's Monday. Ugh, right? There's a backhoe digging in the neighbor's yard. My kids just want to stare out the window at it. We got a new lamp for the schoolroom so it would be brighter. How many times can we talk about the new lamp?

I spent time last night reprinting their schedules and writing their lessons for the week on their printable planner pages. I made sure they had all the books and supplies they needed when we started school. How are we already on week 4? How can their areas look like little bombs went off? How come they can't find anything they need? Why do they ask me what to do for math or what's left or how many pages to read when I wrote it all down for them on those printable pages?

Why do they ask what time it is when there are clocks everywhere? Why can't they find a pencil when there are at least a thousand in this room? Why all the chit chat? Seriously. Chit chat. All the time. So I go from nicely saying, "No more talking," to screaming, "STOP CHIT-CHATTING!"

My to-do list is swimming around in my brain, and I'm jumping from task to task. I can't concentrate any better than they do somedays.

Now is when I need a sweet word from the Lord. I need a moment to breath and focus on what is important. I need to remember...


Proverbs 3:5-7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.




And for added measure, I need to step away from social media. I need to look away from all the perfect, pretty pins on Pinterest. I need to focus on my husband and my children and MY life. Everyone else's life isn't for me. I don't want to be them. I have my own Monday Mania to work on. May your Monday be peaceful, full of joy and laughter, and made just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!