And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, August 29, 2016

Wrapping Up August

Whew y'all. August has been rough on us. What say you? It has been such a long, chaotic, rainy, crabby, crazy month, and there are still a couple of days left! I'm looking forward to September and dreaming that Fall will arrive in Tennessee within that month. Probably not but one can hope for cooler days, hoodies, hot beverages, and fire pit nights.

This past month we started school. Rough. Hard. Not as I'd hoped. I also started the 30 Days of Praying for Your Homeschool Challenge though and that has made a HUGE difference in my own attitude! Even though it's about a week in, you can jump in now! There is a digital journal you can purchase, but it totally optional. I've just been using a notebook.

I've found some new favorite music. Selah's Greatest Hymns Volume 2 is AMAZING! So thankful a Facebook friend recommended it. I love it.

We are getting close to the end of the Schoolhouse Review Crew year. If you are a blogger who regularly blogs and might enjoy reviewing homeschool curriculum, keep an eye out for information on applying for the Crew for the 2017 run. It has been such a blessing to our family to try so many amazing products! The Crew is an amazing resource of wonderful people who are supportive and wonderful to work with so you should totally apply when it comes up!

Even though we met so many challenges this month, there are plenty of things to be grateful for and excited about. We have some changes on the horizon so I'm feeling hesitant about September. However I know God has the ultimate plan in place before us.


Since I am wrapping up the month for you, I'll give you a hospitality update as well. August was a little better as we had a family game night we hosted. It's something we once did regularly but don't seem to do very often anymore. I enjoyed the evening with lots of laughs and some fun games. I counted it victory to have that game night and to let one of the kids have a sleepover in the midst of the craziness of August.

How are you doing with your word of the year or goals for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!