And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, September 26, 2016

Battles

Isn't it funny how we can plan to tackle a problem, and it seems like it will be a piece of cake, but then it's like trying to climb Mt. Everest? I'm so feeling that this week. I told you last week I've been doing some praying about my priorities and how they line up with real life. So this week my plan was to tackle some heart issues we have happening in our house.

Some certain shorter people in this house have been taking advantage of the fact that mom and dad are busy people. It seems we've all fallen in the habit of not following through. As in, I tell them to do something, they say okay but only half do it, and I'm too busy to check and make sure it's done properly. So in my mind last week this seemed like an easy problem to fix. I pay attention. I make sure they are paying attention. We immediately correct issues. A couple of days and everybody is back to being reasonable people.

Ha. Ha. Ha. A week has passed, and it is harder EVERY DAY. They like not fully doing things. Punishment is short lived and apparently not so bad in their minds. Every day I push a little more and every day they are pushing back a lot. Whew. There has been a lot of praying in my house. Silent praying in the morning alone. Out loud praying that Jesus gives me strength when I'm in the midst of a power struggle with one or the other child.

I just feel like this is what the enemy wants. Broken families. Broken homes and relationships. Animosity between parents and children. A lack of focus. A lack of priorities. A lack of time/ patience/ want to/ integrity/ faith/ peace.

So even though it is oh so hard. Even though I want to throw in the towel and bury myself in work. Even though I want to pretend things are hunky dory. I'll keep praying and pushing and praying and showing the example. I'll keep working on their hearts because that's my job. I can go to bed exhausted every night with hope because tomorrow is a new day, and it might be the day of the break through!

It seems like everyone I speak to lately is in some similar battle. Are you struggling in a certain area at home? Anyone have a great verse to take into these battles with us?

I use this one all the time, but it is appropriate here too....

Isaiah 40:31
31 IBut those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!