And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Catching a Cold Case Murderer

Catching Heat by Janice Cantore is the latest book I received to review for the Tyndale Blog Network. This book is the third in the Cold Case Justice series, but I have not had the opportunity to read the first two books. Detective Abby Hart finds herself partnered up with Luke Murphy. They are on a new cold case unit, and they are being sent to investigate the murder of a college co-ed that happened years before. 


Abby Hart has worked with this private investigator before, and she has feelings for him. She was engaged when they worked together before, and now he's in a relationship with a colleague. Can she keep her feelings from interferring with the investigation? In addition, Abby is still looking for the final pieces to solving some mysteries surrounding her parents' murders. Even though there was a confession, Abby knows more people were involved. Lucky for her, the current investigation is near a place she needed to go to ask some questions about the governor's wife who has some connection to the murders.

There's a lot happening in Catching Heat! Abby is easy to like and her relationship with Luke is a steady line in the story. There are several characters to keep track of and there are a few different storylines interweaving. I think it would be a lot easier to keep track if you've read the previous installments in this series. However, I was able to get the gist of the story, and I looked forward to seeing how both investigations would come together in the end. The story definitely had some suspense thrown in!

If you enjoy fictional crime novels with a little romance and some church thrown in, I think you would enjoy this latest book by Janice Cantore. Be sure to check out my review of Critical Pursuit by Janice Cantore.



1 comment:

  1. I like clean romance novels that are built around a suspenseful theme. I never seem to find books like this on Tyndale Blog Network -- I always end up with nonfiction books (which are not my fave, but hey---free books to read!)
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!