And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, September 12, 2016

Creative Journaling

Tyndale has a new line called the Living Expressions Collection, and they sent me a Gratitude Journal to review from that line. The Living Expressions Collection products embrace the new trends of adult coloring and Bible journaling. The Gratitude Journal is "a prayer and praise coloring journal". It has a bold, bright hardback cover and over 100 pages inside.


I am not the most creative, artistic person at all. I have been seeking some new ways to spend quiet time with the Lord now that my Sunday School class has completed reading through the Bible. I have a few adult coloring books I enjoy, and I have a journaling Bible that I haven't used much. When the opportunity to review this journal became available, I jumped at the chance. I have been looking at several journaling choices and was excited to check out this option.

There are many coloring pages included in this journal. I think I was expecting open ended places for journaling about gratitude but most of the pages are guided journaling prompts. Some of the pages include a Bible verse and lines to journal. Some have prayers written to read and then areas to journal. Many pages include a prompt to draw certain things in the provided spaces. One page instructs to "artfully illustrate the word Blessings in the space below". Many of the verses and prompts focus on blessings, pleasures, contentment, and gratitude. The spaces to write are fairly short.



It is a beautiful journal for someone with a creative flair. The short spaces for writing and large spaces for drawing would appeal to any lady or girl with artistic abilities. I am still looking for my perfect journal, but I can't wait to gift this one to someone who will love it for what it is!

The Living Expressions Collection includes Bibles, journals, and adult coloring books. You can find more ways to Inspire Creativity on this special Tyndale Pinterest board.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!