And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Homeschool Review Crew

Very soon The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew will be taking applications for 2017. The Crew is a group of bloggers who review homeschool curriculum, books, and other homemaking goodies. The Crew runs from January to around October each year. The team will be looking for new applicants this year, and they would really like to add more middle and high school homeschool families to the group.

Review Crew

This year is my second on the Crew. I am continually amazed by the wonderful products I receive to review for them. The Crew had a whole leadership shift this year, and the new leaders are doing a fantastic job. I feel like I'm rambling a bit here so let me give you an idea of what the Crew does.

*Regular non-sponsored content- The Crew looks for regular weekly blogging instead of huge numbers. Of course great blog numbers don't hurt either! A requirement for the group is to blog at least once a week on something that isn't sponsored or an affiliate post. This post right here is my contribution for this week! It isn't regulated what you blog about, just that you do so weekly.

*Weekly forms- Just about every week during the Crew run, members are asked to fill out some forms. The forms are easy to access, easy to fill out, and in the end make things run smoother. These forms help the leaders decide who gets to review certain products. These forms mean a family of high school students won't receive a Kindergarten curriculum.

*Reviews- The Crew is much different than most product review groups. The Crew gives members a fairly long review period because they want reviewers to actually use the curriculum/ book/ product. Generally we have several weeks to try something before you see our reviews of it.

*Relationships- There is a highly active forum for the Crew. It keeps us up to date on all the latest pertinent info and also gives us a place to communicate with one another. I've gotten to meet a couple of ladies in real life since joining the Crew, and the forum is a place to get wisdom from other homeschool mamas!

*Guidelines- The Crew is very well organized and all the expectations are made clear. There are rules, and they keep things running smoothly.

Last year the Crew opened new applications in October. I expect it will be around the same time this year. So if you have a blog, get to writing some original content! Don't be scared to fill out an application if you are interested. The first time I applied for the Crew, I was rejected. I saw the applications the next couple of years, but I didn't apply. I was afraid my little blog wasn't good enough. Finally, in the fall of 2014 I decided to try again, and I was accepted. If you are interested, make sure you are regularly blogging and keep an eye on http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/. The application will be posted there for new Crew members when it opens. You can also check out some reviews done by the Crew to get a feel for what we do.

I've reviewed so many great items in 2016 that it's hard to pick favorites! I think the Self Paced Old Testament Course from Veritas Press ranks high and so does the Math-U-See Algebra I Digital Pack.
Our family is very blessed by all the products we receive through the Homeschool Review Crew. Won't you join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!