And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My New Bible

When my Sunday School class was reading through the Bible together, I really highlighted and marked my way through my NIV Bible. As we read and studied each week, we compared versions. I realized I really wanted to get back to a NKJV Bible. While I've enjoyed NIV through the years, I've always kept a variety of Bibles to study and use. While we own many Bibles, I found I didn't really have one convenient for carrying to and from church. During that year, I also discovered holding a physical Bible daily and each Sunday really made a difference in my study time.



So I set out to find a Bible to become my new, unmarked primary Bible. I found the opportunity to review this NKJV Study Bible from Thomas Nelson. It has a blue on blue imitation leather cover and it is a large size Bible. I was disappointed because the website lists this as a red letter Bible (which I really wanted!), but the version I was sent does not have red letter. It has a blue on blue cover. I already accidentally put a little ink mark on the cover so I've order a Bible cover for it!

This Bible has a classic feel to it. There are silver edges to the pages. The text is split in the middle with references. The bottom of each page contains study elements to go with the texts. There are in text charts, maps, and word studies. The front holds a table of contents for easy reference for each of those. The Old and New Testaments are both included. The back of the Bible is a full section of study tools from indexes to a concordance to full color maps. 

Even though I wish it was red letter edition, I am looking forward to studying, marking, and carrying this Bible for a long season. I believe it will hold up well especially with an additional cover on it. I want my children to see me USING my Bible. I want them to remember me walking in to church every Sunday with God's Word at my side. 

This Signature Series Bible is guaranteed for life and included a free study download. Registering my Bible and receiving the download was an easy online task.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!